Capital Region Housing Corporation
Scanning of Housing Files
August 2019 – November 15, 2019
Objective: The Capital Region Housing Corporation in Edmonton Alberta was seeking a vendor to provide end to end digitization services including document preparation, scanning, indexing and upload to a CRHC recommended IT solution. The project had two (2) scopes with the intention of awarding each scope to a different vendor.
- Housing and Maintenance Operations Files
- Procurement Files and Asset Management
- Applications Files
- Rental Supplement Files
Based on our experience, references and cost-effective pricing both scopes were awarded to us. The original estimate was for 680 total boxes of files. The actual number of boxes to be scanned was 806. Project was completed on-time within a revised budget due to an increase in the actual number of pages and documents to be scanned.
Turnaround time: Project was to be completed by November 15th 2019.
Results: The department is very satisfied with our work since it was completed on time, under budget including 126 boxes scanned beyond the original project scope.
- Boxes were picked up from Edmonton Alberta on a monthly basis
- Boxes were batched by skid, and barcoded upon entry into the facility
- Each individual box was barcoded in order to keep track of the documents throughout the scanning process; that same unique barcode number was used to associate the metadata collected from each file to the scanned image
- 3,989,326 of pages were scanned
- 18,818 documents were indexed
- Metadata was collected manually, using a team of 15 coders
- An uninterrupted level of service was provided, as well as cross-training to ensure knowledgeable personnel are always available.
- The project ran 7 days per week, with a minimum of 1-2 shifts per day in order to meet the deliverables
- Completed files were uploaded via a secure FTP site provided by DOCUdavit Solutions and included a descriptive report. Files were also available within 4 hours of a request via Secure FTP
- Quality Assurance of the images was done to verify image quality, metadata accuracy, and indexing accuracy
- The project was completed on time, under budget, and 126 more boxes were completed than the original commitment
- Scanning was performed at 300 dpi in black and white, greyscale or colour where appropriate
- The final images were saved as PDF files
Original documents were securely stored for the duration of the scanning period, and returned to the client post-scanning.