Government of Saskatchewan, Ministry of Economy, Energy and Resources, Exploration and Geological Services Division
Assessment File Scanning Services
September 2016 – March 2017
Objective: The Ministry of Economy, Exploration and Geological Services Division requested a vendor to digitize the remaining 50% of their abandoned mineral, coal, oil and gas well documentation. It included the scanning and naming of large format drawings and maps. The scanned documents were uploaded and made public through the Ministry’s online Mineral Assessment Database for future access and reference.
Results: The department was so satisfied with our work since it came on time, under budget and with an additional 80 boxes added near the end, that they referred us to a separate department and we won a contract with them as well.
Turnaround time: Project was to be completed, delivered and invoiced by March 31, 2017.
- 487 boxes were picked up from Regina, Saskatchewan
- 43,606 large format maps and drawings (larger than 11” x 17”)
- 464,529 legal and standard page documents (smaller than 11” x 17”)
- Naming of 7,517 files
- An uninterrupted level of service was provided, as well as cross-training to ensure knowledgeable personnel are always available.
- Completed files were uploaded on a weekly basis to a secure FTP site, along with a descriptive report.
- The project was completed on time and under budget
- Scanning was performed at 300 dpi
- Pages Scanned in black and white, grayscale or colour (as required)
- Original documents were securely destroyed 90 days after file delivery